CIB Internship Programme
If you have completed your bachelor’s or master’s degree, you have the opportunity to invest in your future by starting your career in Corporate Banking. We are looking for dedicated people who want to learn from the best professionals and obtain an official qualification.
CIB Internship Programme
Take a look:
Business Management and Administration
Location: Barcelona and Madrid
We offer 5 scholarships in Corporate Banking, specifically in the Project Finance Energies, Sinia Renovables and Sustainable Finance.
You will be part of a leading team that will support you in your practical training and, in addition, you will have the opportunity to complete the Master’s Degree in Business Management at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (CITIUS Programme).
What will your responsibilities and duties be?
In the area of Project Finance Energies:
- You will analyse financing transactions to provide customers with greater visibility regarding the product offered.
- You will assist in the preparation of proposals and commercial documents.
- You will analyse financial reports and prepare projections.
- You will analyse the current debt structure and future needs and prepare the financial model.
- You will prepare financing offers and TS negotiation.
- You will prepare risk files in collaboration with Risks.
- You will agree with Syndication the strategy of the operations in which BS is agent.
- You will carry out the contractual review in coordination with Legal and external advisors.
In the field of Sinia Renovables:
Sinia Renovables is the investment management in the field of renewable energies and decarbonisation businesses of Banco Sabadell’s sub-directorate general of venture capital called BS Capital. Sinia Renovables, with 25 years of investment experience, has teams in Barcelona and Mexico City. The headquarter is located in Barcelona and needs talent to continue to be the benchmark banking investor in the sector, with the following functions:
- Assist in the analysis of equity and/or debt investment opportunities, as well as divestment.
- Participate in the preparation of investment proposals for clients.
- Participate in the valuation of investment/disinvestment opportunities.
- Assist in the monitoring of portfolio investments.
- Assist in making presentations to investment committees on investment/disinvestment transactions.
- Participate in the closing of equity and/or debt investment and divestment transactions.
- Analyse new sectors, markets, businesses that help the management to configure new investment strategies.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
In the field of Sustainable Finance:
- You will analyze market information to identify trends and new products.
- You will elaborate and present proposals to clients for sustainable financing, with the objective of accompanying them in their transition towards more sustainable business models.
- You will interact with the bank’s commercial teams, clients, counterparties (other banks in syndicated operations) and external suppliers (mainly ESG agencies) for the correct structuring of operations.
- You will analyze own financing operations or for institutional investors.
Where and when will you start?
- The 5 places offered are at our corporate centres in Barcelona and Madrid.
- Start date: July 2023.
- The scholarship is for 1 year, with the possibility of continuing as an employee at the end of the year.
Why might the opportunity interest you?
- You will learn from the best Corporate Banking professionals while working on a real project.
- You will be part of a team of experts with extensive experience in corporate and structured finance solutions and sustainability.
- You will expand your network through the collaboration and networking spaces you will have access to.
What are we looking for?
Graduate in Business Management and Administration, Economics, Engineering, or similar.
Postgraduate/Master’s degree in Markets, Banking and Finance is highly desirable.
Advanced level of English (min. C1)
Identifying with Banco Sabadell’s values: commitment, non-conformism, professionalism, efficiency, empathy and openness.
We also value:
Proficient in Microsoft Office, structured finance, credit risk analysis and financial modelling is an asset.
Teamwork, thoroughness, pro-activeness, communication skills and being results-driven.
To have lived, studied and/or worked abroad.Although previous experience is not necessary, a previous internship in a similar position in corporate and/or investment banking is an asset.
What do we offer you?
Compensation of €1,229
Financing a Master’s Degree in Business Management (100% online format possible)
Support and ongoing training
At Banco Sabadell we care about people
- We promote working environments in which all people are treated with respect and dignity.
- We ensure a working environment free of any discrimination based on gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity or any other personal condition.
- We promote the professional development of our workforce and guarantee equal opportunity in hiring, training and promotion.
- Banco Sabadell is part of the network of companies with the “Equality in the Company” distinction awarded by the Ministry of Equality.
- We are committed to society: we help people and businesses; we help the most vulnerable groups through numerous initiatives and thanks to our community of volunteers.