We are looking for professionals
who can shape the future of finance
Graduate Data Scientist Programme
The financial sector is undergoing a period of transformation, as a result of the profound changes that our society has experienced in recent years.
Innovation is at the core of Banco Sabadell’s activity, which is why want to recruit the best professionals out there to accompany us in our digital transformation through data science.
We believe that the present and future of the banking business lies in the customisation and improvement of our products and services.
AIMED AT >
Young graduates who have specialised in or are interested in pursuing a career in advanced data analysis and the use of modelling technologies and cognitive systems to work on automation, prediction and prescription processes.
To support young recent graduates who have a promising future career and build on the best talent available for the future benefit of our organisation.
You will work on innovative projects linked to data processing and data analysis. You will also apply advanced analytics to real-life projects related to a variety of areas, including fraud, money laundering, marketing, risks and organisation.
DURATION AND LOCATION >
The training programme will have an overall duration of two years and it will take place at our corporate headquarters in Sant Cugat.
BENEFITS TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT >
- The programme is an exciting intellectual opportunity that will allow you to gain experience through continuous and eminently hands-on learning, where you will work on a variety of cross-cutting projects that will give you a profound insight into the banking business and our organisation.
- You will have access to a large quantity of diverse data.
- You will be given a customised training and development plan:
- During the first few weeks, you will take part in a bootcamp together with your colleagues in order to familiarise yourself with Banco Sabadell and its data ecosystem.
- You will have the support of professionals who are the leading experts in their respective fields and who will be by your side throughout the programme.
- In addition, you will take part in specialised training sessions.
- You will be assessed on an ongoing basis to ensure you make good progress and acquire the different skills and abilities required to successfully complete the programme.
- You will expand your network of contacts through collaboration and networking opportunities.
What are we looking for?
Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Engineering (I.T., Telecommunications, etc.) and/or Business Management and Administration and Economics, and Computational Linguistics with specialisation or training in NLP.
High level of English (Advanced, Proficiency or bilingual)
Required: EU Citizenship
Alignment with the company’s values: Commitment, Professionalism, Effectiveness, Empathy, Non-Conformism, Openness.
We also value:
Data processing and analysis
Data visualisation tools (Tableau, Qlickview, Power Bi)
Machine learning techniques (Clustering, Regression, Decision Trees, Neural Networks)
Development and modelling with R, Python, SAS, Tensor Flow, H20, PyTorch
New ways of working (agile method)
Candidates will preferably have lived, studied and/or worked abroad for at least one year.
What’s on offer?
Support and continuous training.
Flexible working hours, with the option to work from home.
Employee-only financial products and services (interest-free loans, mortgage, pension plans, insurance and flexible benefit scheme).
Corporate services such as a gym, bank branch, library, function room, gardens, etc. (Corporate Centre at Sant Cugat del Vallés).
The time frames indicated for the selection process are estimates only and will be confirmed in due course.